Threadflip is pioneering a new social shopping experience which is at the intersection of fashion, technology, and commerce. We hope to revolutionize the world of online shopping by providing a new way to discover, buy, and sell fashion.
We're early stage and seeing strong traction and growth, including revenue from day one. We are well-funded, and our investors include First Round Capital, Baseline Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock and Slow Ventures. Check out what the press is saying about us at threadflip.com/press.
We are a lean, fast-paced, and agile startup, so there is a lot of room for impact: in our code, our product, our culture -- you name it. You may pitch an idea and then implement it a few days later, or spec out a feature in the morning and push your code to production in the evening. We're committed to building a simple, slick and social user experience with Threadflip -- come build it with us!
Threadflip wants you to be healthy. We provide comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer flexible PTO to be used at your discretion: you decide when you need a break. That's right, work/life balance is real. Got a dog? No problem. Our amazing diggs are dog friendly so we welcome your four legged friends with open arms (and paws!). We offer delicious and nutritious catered lunches and a never ending snack supply to keep you fueled throughout the day. We’ll also make sure you are decked out with the cutting edge technology that you need to get your best work done. With regularly planned team events and outings and sponsorship to industry-related events, there is also lots to do outside of the office!
We are looking for full-stack web application engineers to join our core team. We use Rails, Postgres, and Redis hosted on Amazon Web Services. Experience in these technologies is a plus but not required.
You will be primarily responsible for building out our killer consumer-facing web product, and doing whatever it takes to deliver an amazing user experience through your code.
Our full-stack engineers are comfortable shipping pixel-perfect CSS as well as optimizing database queries; we expect the same of you, though we're always happy to teach.APPLY
We are looking for seasoned back-end engineers to join our core team. Our stack is Rails, Postgres, and Redis hosted on Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Route53, Cloudformation, you name it). Experience in these technologies is a plus but not required.
Your primary responsibility is to keep the site up and running smoothly, optimizing performance at all levels of the stack (web app, data stores, deploy processes, you name it), and being the go-to person for everything data-related.
Three+ years of shipping production code a must. Experience with high-traffic systems a plus.APPLY
As an early engineer in our mobile team you will have great impact on our company and the mobile future of the fashion-tech industry. Our applications are still in the early stages, and there is a lot of new and cool things that we want your help with. You will be building great new features, owning part of the product, and making a real impact in the future of the company. You will be working with very experienced engineers that like to push the envelope on both the technical and UI side to deliver a world class experience for our users
- We are looking for both experienced iOS and Android engineers
- Two+ years of mobile development experience
- Proficient in Objective-C / iOS development
- Android and Java experience is a huge plus
- End to end experience and has at least one app in the App Store (or Google's Play)
We are looking for a seasoned technology leader to help build and manage our small but passionate team of developers.
- You will hire, manage and mentor a small team of developers
- You will own the execution of our product roadmap along with the head of product. This includes setting up and managing weekly sprints to deliver on product goals
- You will collaborate with the core founding team to serve as the gatekeeper between the needs of the business and the technical resources required to execute against
- You have hands on experience working in an early stage startup, both coding as well as hiring and managing a team of engineers
- You have experience building large scale, high traffic consumer products
- You’re passionate about creating a killer product with killer user experience and will do whatever it takes, through game-changing innovation or extreme attention to detail.
- You will collaborate with the product team to generate user flows, prototype interactions and oversee the engineering process with a keen design eye
- You have experience conceptualizing interactions between web, mobile and email
- You have experience in user testing
- You have working knowledge of Adobe CS and/or Fireworks
- Experience in HTML/CSS/JQuery and designing for mobile is an added bonus
- You are passionate about fashion and the general area of collaborative consumption
- You understand social commerce and know how to build products users love
- You understand social and have built products on the Facebook platform before
- You have worked in a fast paced, agile (read: chaotic) environment
- You have a keen eye for great design and champion user research as the engine that drives our product
- You are extremely data driven and use core analytics to drive product features, user acquisition strategy and engagement
- You have experience using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, RJ Metrics, etc. and can do funnel analysis in your sleep
- You have the technical chops to work alongside our engineering team
- Mobile product experience is an added bonus
- You have experience leading brand and acquisition marketing for a large scale consumer company, preferably in eCommerce
- You can manage and implement customer acquisition campaigns via a variety of channels (web and mobile), and optimize campaign performance across various marketing mediums.
- You can plan, evaluate and manage analytics as well as usage funnels to increase conversion, repeat visits, new users, viral distribution and lifetime value.
- You have a solid understanding of how to leverage both traditional and social channels and email marketing to activate and engage users. You will partner with product teams to deliver new features and high quality content to our community.
- You will be responsible for the e-commerce business channel for existing products
- Lead the merchandising and content procurement strategy for both White Glove and P2P business channels
- Plan and execute site merchandise assortment to include selection, promotion, display and inventory (for White Glove Service).
- Setup and manage marketplace programs for both buyers and sellers.
- Collaborate with marketing team to drive growth and manage consumer behavior needs
- Develop business and financial plans including profitability levers
- Track and report on the effectiveness of Internet marketing success and appeal
- Manage relationships with external Internet business partners